Flea Treatment Tips and How to Stop their Life Cycle
You may already be aware of fleas if your home. Prolific breeders, a single female flea can lay up to 1,500 eggs over the course of her life cycle.With warmer weather we naturally open doors and windows, and with that come some unwanted pests. The best way to combat these critters is with these preventative flea treatment tips to stop the flea lifecycle.
Interesting Flea Facts
– Fleas don’t have ears and are virtually blind
– A flea can jump 30,000 times without stopping and reverse direction when they jump.
– Female fleas feed on our pets, animals and us and can consume up to 15 times their weight in blood – eww!
Surprisingly the adult fleas only make up just 5 percent of the breeding cycle in the home, so the egg stage is the most critical stage to target them.
Eliminating fleas at egg stage is vital to having a flea free environment.
Eggs can be hard to spot and are often lodged in the carpet piles and pet bedding – so many people only realise they have fleas in their home or work when the find flea bites on themselves,
their children or see their pets scratching!
Flea Treatment Tips to end the Flea Life Cycle:
1) Use a fogger like Ecomist’s Insect Grenade which has ‘egg busters’ to put an immediate halt to their breeding cycle.
2) Vacuum frequently
3) Wash pets regularly and use pet flea treatment right away if you suspect your animal is carrying fleas.
4) Wash bedding and pet bedding, along with soft toys in hot water.
Tom shows us how to use the Insect Grenade in this short video: