Does this sound familiar?
You’ve got people over for dinner, and you open up your barbecue to discover cockroaches making themselves at home on your hotplate. So How do you Keep Cockroaches out of your BBQ?
You cleaned the BBQ just last week, but it doesn’t seem to have made a difference – and you now have cockroaches staring at you while you contemplate your next move.
If you’re like most kiwis, you’ll fire up the barbecue, the cockroaches will scurry away somewhere, and you’ll get the grill smoking hot after giving it a good scrape clean.
But it doesn’t have to be like this!
Three steps to Keep Cockroaches out of your BBQ
Imagine taking the cover off your BBQ to find no unwanted surprises.
How to keep cockroaches out of your barbecue:
1. Clean your BBQ from top to bottom
- Give your barbecue the type of clean you’d give it at the start of summer.
- Empty the drip tray, scrub the hot plates and grill, and make sure the whole thing is completely insect free from top to bottom – including any storage underneath the grill.
2. Use Ecomist Insect Sniper
- Spray Ecomist Insect Sniper around the wheels, the bottom of the legs and anything else below knee height on the BBQ. Don’t spray it further up though, because you want to keep the spray well away from any heat or food preparation areas.
Yes, it’s that simple.
The sniper surface spray you’ve just applied acts like an invisible barrier to crawling insects, including cockroaches and spiders. They’ll no longer climb onto your BBQ, so they’ll no longer make it their home.
How it works:
Insect sniper is a residual insect spray that you spray around the borders of an area you’d like to protect from insects.
Sprayed onto surfaces, the propellant from the spray evaporates and leaves behind active ingredients which kill and repel insects when they come into contact with them.
The sniper spray will wash away, so make sure you keep your BBQ out of the rain if you’d like it to keep working for you over time. With the spray in place, you can expect it to do the trick for up to three months at a time.
How else can I use the spray?
Sniper is also perfect for keeping spiders and cobwebs off outdoor furniture, helping to keep your entire outdoor dining experience insect-free.
Ready to get your BBQ back under control?
Call your local Ecomist representative on 0800 75 75 78 or order it online from our website